My approach to counselling and psychotherapy is very practical: I think that they should free you from ‘symptoms’ and distress, but also enable you to do things that you couldn't do before, and to experience real happiness and a fulfilling life. The therapy I offer is open and honest, trauma-informed and up to date, integrating many different modalities, including integrative, relational psychotherapy, Internal Family Systems, Somatic Experiencing, EMDR, Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy and many others - please see my website for more details. It may include, when appropriate, working with mindfulness, the body, relaxation and dreams. I'm a native English-speaking former teacher of languages (and professional dancer), with an MA from the University of Oxford and a PGCE from the Institute of Education, UCL, London. I have been practising as a psychotherapist for 22 years, and as a supervisor of therapists for 16 years. For 13 years, I was a Recognised Training Supervisor and experiential group facilitator at The Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education in West London as well as running my own courses and workshops. You can see some of my credentials in another section of this profile, and you’re welcome to contact me if you would like any further information.
- The Open University, Introduction to Psychology
- University of Oxford, MA
- Diploma in Psychotherapy
- Stephen Porges, Connectedness as a Biological Imperative: Understanding Trauma Through the Lens of the Polyvagal Theory
- Bessel van der Kolk, Intensive Trauma Treatment
- Deborah Korn, Optimal Integration of Treatment Models
- The Institute of Education, UCL, PGCE
- The Open University, Child Development
- EMDR Therapist
- Dan Siegel, Clinical Implications and Applications of the Adult Attachment Interview
- Alexander McFarlane, How PTDS Affects Mind, Brain and Biology
- Diploma in Supervision
- Stephen Suomi, Interactions between Genes, Environment and Attachment Patterns
- Certificate in Working with Dreams
Conslt is not an emergency service. For crisis support contact details please click here.